Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: Freeze time: 2 hours
3 cups raw cashews
1 cup sesame seeds
3 cups pitted dates
1 tablespoon honey (optional)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Place cashews and sesame seeds on separate trays and roast for 8–10 minutes.
2. Place dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 2–3 minutes. Drain dates and set aside to cool.
3. Blend roasted cashews in a food processor or blender until medium chopped. Remove and place in mixing bowl.
4. Place soaked dates, vanilla and honey into food processor, and mix until finely chopped.
5. Combine date mixture with cashews and mix well with hands.
6. Divide mixture using a tablespoon measure and roll into balls. Coat with roasted sesame seeds. Place in an airtight container and freeze for 2 hours before serving.
PER SERVE: Kilojoules 802kJ (192 cal). Protein 4g. Total fat 12g. Carbohydrate 15g. Sodium 5mg. Potassium 229mg. Calcium 17mg. Iron 1.6mg. Fibre 3g.
Recipe sourced from The RECORD