Preparation time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
8 slices fruit bread (toast thickness)
3 bananas, thinly sliced
6 fresh dates, seeded and chopped
2 cups Vanilla flavoured Sanitarium So Good
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Spread margarine on both sides of bread and cut off crusts. Cut bread slices in half.
3. Place one layer of bread in a 20cm base, square, ovenproof dish and arrange half banana over the top.
4. Sprinkle with dates. Repeat layer of bread and banana
5. Combine So Good, eggs and cinnamon in a jug.
6. Pour milk mixture over bread.
7. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
8. Bake in a moderate oven, 1800C, for 45-50 minutes. Serve with grilled pineapple.
Nutrition Information per serve
Kilojoules 1345kJ, Calories 320 Cal, Protein 10g, Total fat 10g, Carbohydrate 47g, Sodium 210mg, Potassium 515mg, Calcium 144mg, Iron 2.2mg, Fibre 5g
Recipe sourced from The RECORD